Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School Again

Wait... was I ever "out of school"? Just kidding. The summer has been a great experience, but I am once more at Cedarville, embarking on my senior year.

Mr. Clark has graciously agreed to extend the class to the end of September, so that I can really enjoy the rest of the reading and writing and not feel like I have to cram everything in last minute. Fantastic!

I am about halfway through Barefoot (more on that at another time, I hope), but I wanted to mention that I have selected my senior seminar topic. **drumroll, please** And the lucky winner is.... The Uprising, by Liviu Rebreanu! The novel fascinates me from beginning to end, not only stylistically, but also with its content. I'm not yet sure what aspect of the novel I will be analyzing, but there is time enough for that. For the time being, I will focus on The Hatchet's analytical essay and the other two essay that I need to wrap up this independent study.

This experience really has been helpful. Not only have I surveyed modern Romanian lit, but I've also completed a considerable amount of research to see what critics are saying what they are ignoring (thus, allowing me to cover interesting topics as well). It was so well worth it! (And not even over yet! The challenging--but incredibly rewarding-- research is still in the works.)

1 comment: